Friday, June 12, 2015

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 2.0

If you ask me what are some clothing items that I feel most comfortable in- my answer would be: anything denim and a good boyfriend button-down shirt. Preferably with stripes. Both of which are timeless pieces and I promise you, I've worn this shirt with everything in my wardrobe. And yes, it works! This time, I decided to wear it with my new addition- the distressed dungarees.
Vancouver weather has been very warm lately, to combat the hot sun, I wore an awesome combo of a wide brimmed hat that I got recently and could not stop wearing-- and sunglasses :)

I always loved going to White Rock during summertime. It's a mini getaway from the city.
Zara sandals from a couple years ago that I wish I had bought back ups of.
It was extremely difficult for me to open my eyes without wearing sunglasses and my hat. Hence the scrunched up eyes..

hat - Janessa Leone ; sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs ; shirt - Aritzia(similar here) ; dungarees Zara ; bracelet - HRH Collection ; sandals - Zara(old) ; bag - Paula Cademartori


P.s. Does this outfit remind anyone of Huckleberry Finn? I didn't realize that until I reviewed the pictures at home. It made me smile because "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" used to be one of my all time favourite cartoon/story as a child!



Have a lovely weekend!
by J

37 comments:

  1. you perfectly described how i feel the most comfortable with too!
    really cool pictures!

    xx
    gabriela from the basic page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha loved reading this!! :) you look so cute!! I've been meaning to buy a shirt like that cause they look so effortless you know? :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post! Yes a button down is such a great buy, I want it in all white, and black&white stripes haha

      Delete
  3. Love the overall<3 thanks for sharing
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hat, love it ;) New on my French Blog: How to straighten your hair and eat Strawberries sweets :)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute overall. Pics are amazing too!
    Valentina
    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The outfits really do fit! And it's so gorgeous BTW.

    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! Haha it makes my like this outfit even more after I realized that :P

      Delete
  7. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are adorable! those overall denim suspenders are just soooo perfect! fab outfit!
    xo Beckerman Girls xo
    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!!
      Have a lovely weekend!!

      Delete
  8. Great casual look! I love the contrast with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadia! I do love how vibrant the bag looks with the outfit xx

      Delete
  9. such a damn cool outfit

    check out new post
    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
    Posts online about Dubai, South Africa, Monaco..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! That hat is perfection, and you look so casual chic! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome look! And I love your blog name by the way :D

    xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

    You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linsey! I'll def. go check out your blog!

      Delete
  12. really classic look and i love your sandals!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle! I'd love if Zara can bring them back again...

      Delete
  13. Love this post and your style. Look forward to your next posts. www.asimpleluxury.com

    ReplyDelete